Chicken Adobo is one of the most popular Filipino dish that you can eat for lunch or dinner with steamed rice. It is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender.
- 800g chicken thigh cut into serving pieces
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 4 pieces dried bay leaves
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, bay leaves and garlic, mix well and add the chicken. Refrigerate and Marinate the chicken for 30minutes to 1 hour. You can also marinate it overnight. The longer the better.
- In a large skillet, add the oil and heat the oil over medium high heat, pan-fry the marinated chicken for 3 minutes per side.
- add the remaining marinade, including the garlic and bayleaves and add water. Bring to a boil
- Add whole peppercorn. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken gets tender
- Add vinegar and sugar. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir and turn the heat off.