Sinigang na Baboy with Gabi
Sinigang is a sour soup made from tamarind- flavored broth.
- 1 kilo pork belly sliced into cubes
- 3 cups kangkong leaves
- 2 pieces long green chili pepper
- 2 pieces tomato
- 1 cup sliced radish
- 10 pieces long beans cut in 2 inch length pieces
- 1 onion quartered
- 10 pieces okra
- 3 pieces taro peeled and cut in half (gabi)
- 8 cups water
- 1 pack or 22g sinigang sa Sampaloc mix with gabi
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce patis
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Boil water into a cooking pot and add onion and tomato. Let it boil for 7 minutes.
- add the pork and let it boil for 30 minutes.
- Put in the taro. Cover and continue to boil for 30 minutes.
- Add Sinigang sa Sampaloc mix, fish sauce, and ground black pepper; stir.
- Put the radish and the chili peppers, okra, and long beans. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the kangkong. Cover the cooking pot and turn off the heat. Let it stay covered for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to as serving bowl.
- Serve with rice.